Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sew, What do you think?

Sew i mentioned while we were snowed in i worked on a few pieces of furniture, one of which was the sewing table i scored at the Thrift store for $4.40! Yes i am telling you how much right down to the dime, cause i can't believe i got it for that for cheap! Here is a picture of when i brought the lil guy home.
It now lives here, next to our front door
(sorry my pics are so blurry, i've gotta work on that!)
I was gonna paint it one of my oops paint colors but i painted the vanity two of the colors and i was left with an off white color, which is just too light for our living room (all the furniture is wood or brown.) so i went with Flagstone by Martha Stewart but i had the guys at lowes make up the color in an Olympic paint.  I decided to paint my Craft Room Flagstone as well.
I also picked up this beauty, i have never had my own brand new brush. I treat it like a child and get every little bit of paint off (using these tips from Katie at Bower Power) when i'm done. O the little things that can make you sew happy!

I used the same technique that i've used on almost every piece of furniture i've done :) Sand, prime, paint, stain, distress.
Then i distressed it
The finished project
I realized i said sew instead of so but i thought it was fitting for this post.

Also Joon over at Ordy and Joon is doing another giveaway.  You should check it out she has some good stuff in her giveaways!
And don't forget to follow her blog!

6 comments:

Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont said...

Oh my goodness this turned out so great! I can't believe the amazing deal you got on it either! Great job Alaina :)

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

I LOVE it!!! You're so talented!

LaLaVerde said...

Love these Alaina!They look brand new! Man, I could use a tutor when it comes time to re-do some stuff around here!loving all your ideas!

Unknown said...

Wow!, I love your craft, i like the album! and the kiddo!!

Get More Twitter Followers

Amanda said...

This looks lovely, great choice in paint colour!

Cassie Bustamante said...

very cute!! love the color!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...